We work hard to make ours the most environmentally friendly water coolers. We have purposely designed our business to be environmentally friendly in as many ways as possible.
Local water – no unnecessary travel
By choosing local water for your bottled water coolers, you can reduce the number of miles travelled. Glastonbury Spring Water is bottled at source in Glastonbury. The only time it is transported is when it travels the short distance to our customers in the south west. In contrast many national firms don’t specify where their water is from. Their water could have been transferred by tanker to be bottled, then shipped across the country to be delivered.
Every aspect of our building encompasses recyclable or renewable materials wherever possible.
- We used recycled bricks to build our premises.
- We insulated the roof with wool.
- We use solar panels to heat our hot water, and a ground source heat pump to heat our buildings.
- We have a reed bed sewerage waste system.
- We continually plant trees to expand our orchard at Park Corner.
We also take steps to reduce waste in every way we can. For example, our drivers now have PDAs to reduce waste paper.
We also have a number of different initiatives for recycling.
- Our water cooler bottles are made from polycarbonate, which can be used up to 50 times. At the end of their life, they are then recycled.
- Many of the other parts on our water coolers are also recyclable.
- All our packaging is recycled by a local firm.